Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tomgirl Style

from here
Since the great closet reorganization, I've been really trying to hone in on what clothes I need and what clothes I'll really wear.  I've been immersing myself in style blogs and tumblrs and pinterest, trying to pinpoint what I like.  I've been building a rational list of closet holes (black blazer, casual but crisp everyday button downs) and trying to only shop for things that are well-made, perfectly fitting and classic.  (no more old navy clearance rack impulse purchases!)

from here
I've dubbed my new style inspiration "tom-girl' because I want my closet to be clean, classic-lined menswear, but with a kicky girly twist.  I think the trick is cute girl hair, casual makeup, sweet shoes, and an ever-ready swipe of bright lipstick, to keep it from feeling too, uh, manly.

No comments:

Post a Comment