Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Roasted Chicken


I want to be the kind of person that roasts an entire chicken with lemon and garlic and slivers of ginger, then uses the bones to make delicious, homeade stock while my perfectly rumpled hair sidles sneakily out of a messy bun and my apron strings make my waist look waspish and feminine. I think this person also grows tomatoes to can their own salsa, and works out on a regular basis. They probably volunteer or something.

Sadly, I don't think I am this person. I think I will continually be the boneless, skinless, fatless, chicken nubbin buyer who uses one wee nubbin at a time to pan fry and then eat with some rice and veg. The person that buys lifeless cans of chicken stock and triumphs if they make it to yoga once a month or so. Cooking as a singleton is weirdly depressing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment