Thursday, October 7, 2010

Granny Squares

Remember how I started making a granny square afghan and almost immediately regretted it? I was all motivated to power through it until I switched skeins of yarn and my white wasn't white. It was cream, off whitey awful. So everything got bundled away to wait for my frustration to simmer down. Now I think I'm scrapping the whole thing in favor of doing something a little more like this, from purl bee.

The genius of this is that you only weave in the color at the end of two rows, and you don't have to piece them together after. Genius! I like how the look of it is a little more cohesive and less crazy-town with all those differently colored and layered squares. I'm so relieved, people.

1 comment:

  1. OK, I just have to say, this is so weird! I've had your Etsy store in my FAVES, but never knew you had a blog! I love what you're doing over here. The wreath, the Shabby Apple entry (I entered also, even though I don't have a chance at all, which I know now after seeing your sketch!) New follower here, obviously!
    Kristina J.

    ReplyDelete