Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Bow Tie



Sometimes I wish I were a nattily turned out gentleman, so I could wear vests and argyle socks and bow ties with patterned shirts and contrasting pocket squares. And fedoras. I'm not saying I can't wear those things, just that it would get out of control pretty quickly all together, and that women have a whole other set of retro sartorial options available to us that men don't. (most importantly pencil skirts,also t strap pumps) So what I'm saying is, I like old fashioned gender specific clothing options.

This randomosity brought to you by my pondering whether or not to start making quirky bow ties for my etsy shop. Which led to me googling how to tie a bow tie, and then the idea of reversible bow ties, in contrasting patterns and the decision to eventually branch out into fruity pseudo classical menswear. So.

Photos, not of a bow tie, but the idea of ridiculous classic pattern pairings, from The Sartorialist.

No comments:

Post a Comment