Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sugar Cookies are my Gateway Drug



I like food. I like food a lot. But of all the kinds of food I like, I would still give them over for pastry. Given a choice between dinner and desert, I will eat the sweets, every time.


I worked for six months for a pastry shop run by a tiny angry polish man, and in those six months, I ate about three real, well-rounded meals, and about three thousand slices of cake, a bunch of almond muffin tops, and probably a million or more cream cheese empanadas on top of the bear claws, cannolis, tarts and basically anything else that got in my way. My thighs got skinnier after working there and my nutritive intake also improved significantly, believe it or not, but I'm still unrepentant. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment