Monday, June 11, 2012

Paddle Boarding

Ever tried paddle boarding?  It's like kayaking and surfing had a love child, and you, as the name suggests, paddle around on a board.  My roomie rented a pair locally and we took them to a quiet resevoir to cruise around last weekend, and I fell in love with it.  I started out kneeling or sitting cross-legged, and then got up the courage to stand and balance and row around.  It was the perfect way to quietly explore, sneak up on duck families, and get some water and sunshine without being to hot or too cold.

Later, I started pricing out boards and then decided maybe that investment wasn't in the cards. However, I did keep finding pictures of paddle board yoga classes, which made me laugh, because one of those activities isn't enough at a time.  Of course I want to get my own board and try it, though.  A core workout isn't quite the same without the threat of heading overboard, right?


1 comment: