Monday, June 20, 2011

Ever Use These to Clean your Drains?


The slow drain in my bathroom sink was driving me crazy, but I hate to use chemical drain "cleaners" and I felt like I was running out of other options. Baking soda and vinegar and boiling hot water? Fail. Then my friend's roommate recommended the zip tie drain cleaners, so I went hunting at a hardware store.

Fun as it is to be a tiny girl wandering a hardware store, (Are you lost?) I tackled the first person who offered to help and let them lead me straight to plumbing. $2.50 for a flexible plastic strip, no chemicals involved. I figured even if it didn't work, I wasn't out that much.

But did it ever work. It instantly pulled out a horrifying amount of slimy hair and gunk, leaving the drain clean as a whistle. No chemicals, no wait. Awesome. Such a great, fast, cheap way to sort out slow drains in the future. As a creature with a head full of hair, I imagine this will continue to come in handy.

photo from amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment