Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Bedsheet Summer Dress





Despite the fact that it's been continually snowing for about 9 months now, I made a summer dress out of a 1970's pattern and the softest bedsheet, more than likely from that era. It's the softest pale blue with darker slate blue ferns and vines and little mustard accents, and I'm so in love with it that I don't mind that I may look like I'm wearing curtains from a cat lady's house.

From stem to stern in about three hours with only a minor mixup during strap attachment which was quickly remedied. I had fully intended to make it with the ruffle sleeves and bottom ruffle and then got that far and decided against it, and I eliminated the zipper in the back. But is that rick rack trim on the neckline? Why yes, yes it is. Rocking the rick rack, one summer dress at a time. I haven't added the pockets yet but you can bet they too will be rick rack-riffic.

1 comment:

  1. that is the most beautiful sheet dress i have EVER seen! you did a fantastic job sweetie! i love the cut and the pattern too! i really need to make something for myself...haven't down that in some time!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete