Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sewing Accoutrements



I've been on a bit of a sewing kick lately, and this is the wish list of sewing things that I'm jonesing for that would make my crafty life just a little bit easier.

1) A really big rotary mat, cutter and a wide ruler. Just expensive enough that I've never buckled and gotten one. Found last year's christmas hint list with this on it. I'm waiting for a sale or a coupon at Joann's, I guess.

2) Dressform. I'd love one that fits me, or a vintage one for display and product photos. Or both. I've heard of folks getting them on ebay or lucking out while vintage shopping, but I'm considering going old school and making it.

3) A serger, an old one. I don't want to make my 70's workhorse machine feel bad, plus they're sturdy little buggers, the old metal ones.

2 comments:

  1. Christi, I have a serger my friend gave me and I'm scared of it so I've never used it. If you want to take it home and show it some love, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eegads. Trev mentioned this and I've been buzzing around like a hyperactive sewing hummingbird just thinking about it. I can't believe you've never used it!

    ReplyDelete