Friday, November 20, 2009

Cheap Art


Every semester the printmaking majors do an art sale and I'd never been before so I made a point to check it out. We showed up and it was chuck full of indie hipsters with their bangs everywhere, tables and tables of prints, and vegetarian chili, so I'd say altogether it was a satisfactory trip.

We picked up this little gem and as we were paying for it, one of the girls behind the cash box told us it was hers. When we told her we loved it, she wrote down her website to check out her other work because this is the piece that started it. How charming is that? That's why you buy handmade, people. That five bucks went to a starving art student with baby bangs and cat eyeliner. Her website Here.

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty stoked for the ceramics sale in December, too. I HAVE TO GO THIS YEAR. Come with me.

    ReplyDelete