Saturday, October 24, 2009

Bed Update, Hair

The bed update is this: There is still no replacement bed to fill the gap in my life. Currently my side is propped up on my magazine collection ("don't use the Blueprints or Dominos, they're sort of collectible!") and it lists hard to starboard at the best of times, but without my husband weighing down the other side it's a sinking ship. We may give up this wobbly bed charade and just put the box springs/mattress combo on the floor in the meantime. Classy. But I tell you this: I will not settle for another sad, particleboard bed. I will find myself an awesome inexpensive retro bed, or bust.

In other news, I may dress up as a flapper for Halloween. I'm struggling with getting my hair into finger waves, and I am trying so hard, with really sad lumpy results. A little internet research and about fifty youtube tutorials turned up something called finger wave clamps, which seem to be readily available at Sally's Beauty Supply. I will be hitting up my local entity in search of these with the hope that they'll clamp my hair into instant wavy awesome. So. We'll see how that goes.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with the hair clips! I thought I was the only one who had this much trouble achieving the perfect curls in her hair :) My only success has been with dr. bronner's all-one hair creme and then twisting it into several buns all over my head, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I hope things work out with your bed! Sleeping is sometimes my favorite part of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought, back in the day, they used bobby pins to make those finger waves. I guess maybe they're called finger waves because ...they... used.... their.... fingers? Don't you have a hollywood frame for your bed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just get a frame. You can buy the head/foot board later. Tiff and I still don't have one...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOV(ED) Blueprint magazine more than I love most things... And I guard the very few issues with my life. They aren't tear outs, like Real Simple. Why the tease, Martha, why would you do that to us?

    I can see the flapper idea totally working for you.

    ReplyDelete