Saturday, August 29, 2009

Necktie Camera Strap

I've been carrying around my dad's old pentax lately, and much as I love the foam mickey mouse camera strap attached to it, I've been itching to make myself a strap out of an old, flamboyantly patterned polyester necktie. You know, something to really bring home that authentically retro, film camera toting hipster vibe.

Then I went to the thrift store, where they wanted four bucks for a fugly tie, and I decided I wasn't a four dollar thrift store tie hipster and would either raid my father's closet, or just not bother and buy one off of etsy. Dear etsy, thank you for helping out the lazy crafter in me.

Photo and tutorial (to cover an existing strap, which alas, won't work for me) on design*sponge

3 comments:

  1. i have a bunch of ties that I bought while I worked at Bluebird. Let me know if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so funny my dad had the same kinda mickey mouse strap on his old camera to!
    thats a cute idea for the strap

    ReplyDelete