Friday, January 30, 2009

Tissue Paper Puffs


I know I'm probably the last person on the entire planet to realize for themselves the endearing charm of tissue paper flowers as event decor, but there you go. They're adorable! They're puffy! Tissue comes in every color! You could really make an impact at a party with a ceiling full of these.

I'd also like to note that you shouldn't buy the martha stewart kits, you should just buy tissue and do them yourselves, and then you can customize size and color and make tons to hang or stick on tables and in vases around your venue. They'd also be cute for other things: birthdays, showers, for fun.

How to:
1) start with squares of tissue paper
2) accordion fold entire square
3) fold in half
4) at fold, secure with wire or string. if hanging, leave extra length to make a loop to hang with
5) if you want flower shaped, round edges into petal
6) fan out layers of tissue and fluff into flower
7) done! enjoy.


*as a note, the giant stella artois chalice was some swag that came home with my husband from Sundance where he was just running sound for a club. I'm a bit of a loss as to how it fits into our decor at present, but I guess I could always use it as a vase. Or, you know, for beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment