Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Comission

This bracelet is for my husband's cousin from my husband's sister for her wedding in April. (the cousin...did that make sense? my husband's sister is giving their cousin a bracelet for her wedding since she's the maid of honor) I am always a bit leery of commissions, since I tend to work on my own and take changes to my work very badly, and personally. This one was for family and therefore unavoidable, and the person that commissioned it saw photos during the process and gave me the go ahead, and was emphatically kind about the way it turned out so I think it's okay. I was really pleased with how it came out since the main floral bit was a bit of a stretch for me; I've never done anything resembling the wired leaves and though I love the look of it, wasn't sure that I could create it. It may be my new favorite thing to do now, though.
*Vintage glass leaves, mother of pearl hand carved focal flower, garnet center, two strands of 3mm coral beads. Measures 6 3/4" end to end.

4 comments:

  1. I love how it turned out. I think she will be thrilled to get it and wear it for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think you totally found a nice design.

    Sometimes comissions help you learn really awesome techniques and help you expand. I'm happy this was successful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty! the luggage is so cool too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! Very pretty. She's going to love it.

    ReplyDelete